I darecent say…(if that’s even a word…which it’s not, but that’s ok) that I finally feel like the past few months of crazy busy might be settling down a bit. Crazy Busy is just not something to tout about. You know that saying the one that’s finally gaining some ground being posted across the social forums…the one that says “Stop the glorification of busy” Well, my amens are all over that one!
Coming into the first of this week- I feel as those I may reached a point where the days might just flow together normally. That’s not to say, I won’t be busy with the normal wife, mother, daughter, church calling, chauffeur, dinner maker, house keeper, friend, etc… things that take up life. I can just say- I may have a few blocks of time now where if I schedule myself the right way- I can be productive in ways that I want to develop and spend my time. Once in a while, I’m sure those hrs will include a good book, a small nap, or friendly luncheon. Which I will look forward to with delight!
I have found however, that fires always burn. Things always “come up” and opportunities for service are at every turn. However, the needless and countless distractions that life sends our way are such a deterrent and waste of potential. It’s taken me a long time to figure out how to manage my time properly and not just be “busy” for the sake of being busy. I learned over the years, that focusing on my highest priorities is not always the easiest thing to do…but something that is a necessity for true happiness in this life.
SO here’s to me, (knock on wood) feeling like I may be embarking on the opportunity to happily focus on my highest priorities at a more manageable pace.

No comments:
Post a Comment