Saturdays for our family consist of pretty much one thing this season. S.P.O.R.T.S.
Tyson’s Football team just finished up their regular season last week as the undefeated first place team in their region for the 4th year in a row. SO exciting! Their final game was pretty intense. It even brought Grammy and Gramps to their feet pacing the sidelines with the crowd. I think Anne may have also learned what a 4th down is too. At the end of the game, they joined in the team’s famous parent tunnel. Tyson thought that was the best. Now here come the playoffs…
He also started playing on a comp soccer team this year. He loves it just the same. He definitely had his eyes opened to which sport is more physically grueling on his body…and it’s not the one he thought it would be. His soccer team right now is not on a winning streak by any means. However it has been such a joy to watch Tyson love the game for the game. After his big win in football, we were driving out to his soccer game and I said “well, you definitely get to see what it’s like on both ends of the spectrum with winning and losing teams right now.” and before I could finish my thoughts, he piped in saying – “Yep. And I love them both. Because when you have good coaches and friends that’s all that matters.” I thought…yep! ONE of life’s lessons learned. The principal of perspective. At this point in time, for this month, and this season…my perspective is- I wanna soak this ALL in. Every detail. Every minute.
No comments:
Post a Comment