8.10.2012

WATER LOGGED

Back in June, Cameron & his boys were in town for a few days.  I met him out at one of the Aquatic Centers in the valley.  Angie brought her kids and we enjoyed the afternoon.  Cameron and I were sitting next to the window looking up at the beautiful mountains to the west.  We were having a conversation about them.  Not even a half hour later, we finished our swimming and headed out the door.  As I pulled my car onto the street and looked up..the same mountain cove that we were admiring had gone up in flames- just like that!  It was crazy and scary to see the smoke and flames just blocks away.  We drove up the block to get a quick look and realized the fire was right behind the houses, barely in the foothills.  It grew so fast.  We started back to Angie’s home, and passed all the fire engines and police just starting to respond to the wildfire.  Crazy!  I am amazed at the blessings which transpired over the next few hours- to see that the winds changed and less than a hand full of structures actually burned, when in reality- it was embarking on hundreds of them. 

JUNE 2012IMG_8243-0012012-06-29

This picture shows the fire behind a row of houses that are actually blocks in front of houses behind them. 

IMG_8253

No comments: