8.14.2012

FLY’N HIGH

2012-05-10

Back in May, when the weather was cool and breezy, we took the kids down to the park to fly kites.  It was fun and relaxing.  Tyson didn’t quite have the hang of it like Alyssa did.  She needed a little help getting it sent to the sky, but after that she boasted for 45 minutes while she held tightly to that long string of hers.  She was so proud to be able to do cartwheels while still holding fast to her fairy kite in the sky.

After a while, we decided to head home from the park, as she still managed to hold tight to her dream in the sky over a stretch of 4 blocks.  When we got home she went in the backyard and up to the deck.  I went out to help her anchor her string to the railing and I accidentally LET GO of the kite handle.  It floated quickly up and away like a balloon and off to the power lines.  Her face!  It was DEVISTATED.  I think I apologized for the next 5 hours.  It was HEARTBREAKING.

No comments: