See that look below in the photo? That’s called the “Really?” look. As in ‘really? you just said that?’ or Really? you just did that, or asked that, or you believe that?’ The kids and I get that look quite often. OK, maybe I get it a little more often than they do… but IT IS a look that is quintessentially “Todd.” I saw the look after asking him a question a while ago and happened to have my camera in hand. I lifted the camera up to snap a photo, (telling him why I was taking a photo), and thankfully he humored me enough (though not intentionally) by looking at me even more intently, and even said out loud what his face already had written… “Really?”
SO, I am sharing this little snap of Todd for Father’s Day this year and saying to him (as I’m sure he’ll have that “really?” face staring at the computer when he reads this) HAPPY FATHER’S DAY, WE LOVE YOU…YES, REALLY!!
The kids loved making breakfast and giving royal treatment. They both wrote homemade cards and vied for his attention. Todd obliged, but also was able to sneak away a few times for some nice R&R.
The past few years he has requested Flank Steak Pinwheels with spinach and gorgonzola for dinner. We also made it special by adding some yummy melty cheese atop the steamed veggie plate. The weather was so nice, we took a bike ride to see the new water fountain area near our home.
We love our Daddy very much and are soooo thankful for all he does for our lil’ family. We wouldn’t trade him for the world!! Nope…not even the stars in the sky!
Todd and I are also very grateful for the Fathers and Grandfathers we have in ours and our kids lives. We learn so much from them and the examples they set for us. They each have many qualities which we aspire to incorporate in our own lives as well. Two of which are helping hands and loving hearts. Thanks for all you do and have done for us as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment