5.26.2012

MOTHERS DAY 2012

I received a Mother’s Day card from Tyson which at the bottom had a yellow tag lined in black which in the middle read:

“ NOT made in China, but made in my HEART.”

My two kiddlets made Mother’s Day such a delight!  I love them to pieces.  I love their little cards and crafts they enjoy making.  As the years go by, not only do their handprints get larger, but so does my heart.  I always thought I’d have a handful of children at my side, wiping noses and still changing diapers.  Though that hasn’t been the case, the love and blessings these two spirits in my life are enough to sustain fulfillment.  I cherish them.  They teach me each day about love, patience, kindness, forgiveness, generosity, and commitment.  Sometime those lessons come in the form of tantrums (theirs and mine Smile) or trying to keep schedules or begging them to take a shower.  Then on other days through just pure simplicity of laughter and giggles.  Learning and growing through Motherhood is such an amazing blessing.

My kids sang with the Primary in Sacrament on Mothers Day.  I was at the front with all the kids, helping them get into their places.  I ended up on in the chair on the stand with a little girl on my lap who was having a difficult time.  When the songs began, both of my children realized I was sitting behind them, and not in front in the congregation.  They both turned their backs to them and sang to me.  Along with a giggle or two- my heart grew…again! 

We went over to John and Anne’s for dinner.  It was quiet and simple and nice.  We played around of games and Alyssa enjoyed teasing Uncle Chad.  Or maybe the other way around.  John, Todd and the kids made sure dinner was great, with minimal help from us ladies.

I missed seeing my Mom and Jami to give them hugs.  I am grateful for the things I have learned from them and Anne collectively.  Together they have much wisdom and insight on the world and far beyond.  Thanks to each of you for giving of yourselves and always making me feel most importantly loved as a daughter. 

I just love this little photo of Alyssa.  It gives me hope and excitement for her future.  I see in her eyes the making of a beautiful daughter of God, who one day will embrace Motherhood of her own.

ALYSSA MAY 2012

1 comment:

restlessrisa said...

She is lovely. I love you. You are a fantastic mom, and a great example to me. Glad we're friends :)