2.05.2012

TOFW 2012

SEEK THE GOOD

I attended the Time Out For Women Conference this weekend.  I was a little bummed not feeling a hundred percent, so I missed a few talks.  But the majority were really good!  The theme for this year is Seek the Good.  I just love that theme.  There are so many negative and unjust things we deal with in this life, that we sometimes forget to really focus on the good and all that our Father in Heaven has given us that bring JOY and HAPPINESS to our life’s.  That is one of the main reasons I keep this family blog to a minimum of our happiest and most enjoyable times.  It’s not that we don’t experience the difficult, the weak, the devastating moments in life- but that is not what this outlet is about for me.  I created this blog when I was at a point of despair in my life.  I needed to return to what makes me happy and focus on the best things life has to offer.  To focus on my JOY.  I have kept this blog centered around mostly GOOD things in mine and my family’s life.  We have enough of the day to day negativity that the world pushes into our life.  I get enough of the dirty dishes, fighting kids, nasty colds, and Rocky’s poop in the yard- that I don’t feel the need to remind myself, or others of it on my blog.  I hope the day never comes that I feel I must write more about my problems than my joys. Bloggers get a lot of slack for trying to display “perfection” to the outer world.  Yes, there are some whose motivation is such.  And facebook, well there’s plenty of those too.  But I still choose to use this forum for me and my family, to display the highlights in our lives.  This is why I am all the more thankful to all my friends and family who read this blog.  You remind me that there are people in this world that support seeking the good.  You are those that recognize it is not always about having to say here’s the bad, along with the good.  You guys all know me.  You know my intentions.  You know that our life has the good and the bad with it.  Everyone’s life has roses and thorns.  Thank you for supporting me in cherishing my bouquet of roses.  The highlights of my life.  For, in this venue allowing me to not need to feel judged that I am not airing my dirty laundry.  Again, I have enough of it piled at my knees on a daily basis, not to have to blog about it!  Thank you for supporting me in choosing to write about my happiness, and sharing in it with me.

Elder Uchdorf has a wonderful quote which reads:

“The happiest people I know are not those who find their golden ticket; they are those who, while in pursuit of worthy goals, discover and treasure the beauty and sweetness of the everyday moments.”

           

No comments: