12.02.2010

HEARTH & HOME

The weekend before Thanksgiving our Pearson side of the family were all in town for Ashlee’s Wedding.  So we welcomed the opportunity to host a family dinner on Sunday.

Cameron & Sarah stayed at our home for the weekend.  Saturday was Ashlee’s wedding and…my birthday!!!  Happy Birthday to me.  ;0)  It was such a sweet and thoughtful surprise to find a darling mini chocolate cake at my place setting for the wedding brunch.  I was also touched to have special little birthday cards hand written by my nieces, nephews and kids when we arrived home.  Sarah and I took the girls shopping for a while, then the adults went out to dinner that night with Dad and Jami.  It was fun to be surrounded by so many loved ones.  That night we had cake (with magic candles of course) and ice cream with the kids. 

Sunday we enjoyed each others company.  I had fun setting the tables and making a cute wrapped corn on the cob treat for the kiddos made with tissue paper and ribbon.  I stuffed them with fruit snacks and cheese and crackers for the kids to nibble on while waiting for dinner.  We missed Shawn, Angie and their girls who are in Arizona.  Wish they could’ve joined us.  I took time to enjoy the little things that weekend.  Like the cute little drawings that the children made on the paper table cloth I used to cover their table.  I enjoyed taking snap shots of the kiddos who happily appeared at my kitchen window in random order while I was cooking. I though it was cute that the kids made feather hats for each guest at our dinner and had them waiting for me to see  on Saturday when we got home.

I am SO Thankful for family.  I am thankful that my family loves me, and humors me when they know I enjoy setting the table, even if it is with informal plastic and paper, asking politely if we can turn off the TV and pause the coveted football game while we eat.  We are not all the same.  We have many different views and opinions.  Sometimes comically disagreeing harshly on politics (TSA of all things this time) and whatnot…but in the end, we know we are part of the bigger plan.  I love that we talk of the gospel and enjoy engaging discussions about life.  All in all, we love one another and collectively hope for the world to be a better place.

We sat in a large circle around our family room and told what we were all thankful for.  (Again, another humoring of the family for my sake as the host)  But it was a joy for me to see and hear.  It was touching to have some sweet emotion involved by others.  These are a few Thankful Thoughts that were shared. 

EARTH. FAMILY. Jobs.  EDUCATION.

Acceptance. Heritage. SPRITE. Cheetos.

Dinosaurs. FRIENDS. PREISTHOOD.

Water. HEALTH.  CHURCH. 2 MOMS.

Jesus. FREEDOM. A home. SPORTS. food.

Book of Mormon. SUPPORT. Pilgrims.   

“…just to be as lucky as I am.”

“…Grateful for life.  The Challenges in life. 

The joys and sorrows.  The happiness of today

because of sorrows in the past. 

I’m mostly thankful for the future. 

Because it gives us hope.”

This is one time I wish I would’ve gotten a group picture.  :0(  But take just take a look at the beautiful view I had outside my window when I walked back in from saying my goodbyes…so peaceful. 

  

025017023

042060045059066067068009081088087095076

097071092077-1

 

110116121

No comments: