“I want to be a punkin face,” A pumpkin one day said. “I’d hate to be a punkin pie- The heat would hurt my head.
“I’d rather sit upon a post And be a shining light; I’d want a candle in my head Ere I went out at night.
“I’d keep a grin upon my face No matter what I did; My mouth would stretch from ear to ear- “Twould scare most any kid.
“My eyes would shine like two bright stars, They’d pierce a person through; My teeth would be all jagged like, I’d make a great ado.
“So make of me a punkin face- A grin from ear to ear; A nose that I can breathe aright, And I need have no fear.
“…You can punch my face with forty holes And make me shiny eyes, But do not gouge my inside out to make a punkin pie.”
-Thornberg
2 comments:
you guys don't mess around...those are HUGE.
SO COOL!!!
Those are some big pumpkins. I bet it took awhile to carve. How fun! Hope you guys had a great Halloween.
Post a Comment