Once in a while, a great opportunity comes. This year Tyson was blessed to be on a fantastic little league football team that managed to pull out an undefeated winning season. What a fun time it has been for us as parents and coaches to watch these boys huddle together and realize a hearts dream come true for any sports player, no matter what league, age, or sport being played.
I want Tyson to know as he grows that there will be many times when his teams will be defeated and sometimes even lose big. I want him to be prepared for those times too. I want him to know that true success is being prepared. Fighting the good fight, and having a winning heart…no matter what.
We have been SO impressed with the coaches he has had over the past 3 months. I have listened to their words and watched their quiet tenderness for these boys balance out their tough critique and physically challenging push for excellence. These boys truly learned how to dig deep and give it their all. Todd and I talked quite a few times about how well these men coached this young team of boys. The coaches were always finding ways to let the boys know how to apply these individual and team building skills into real life situations. We are thankful Tyson had this opportunity to win and have joy and pride in his hard work and dedication. Hopefully we will be able to teach him to stand tall and proud when the tables are turned.
No comments:
Post a Comment