4.14.2009

THIS IS WHY

As last week progressed I found myself humbled by my thoughts on the Atonement and my deep love for my Savior.  I found as I tried to keep him in my forethoughts, it wasn’t that difficult to do.  I had quiet and simple reminders through the spirit of the unconditional love and sacrifice He exemplified while in the garden when he knelt, suffering for our sins.  And then again the following day as He bore His own wooden cross upon His weary shoulders as He took His final mortal steps toward the place where He would be nailed by hand and foot before transcending this world.

I have tenderly continued with these deep feelings in my heart these past few days following Easter Sunday.  I have continued my contemplation on the miraculous ministry of Jesus Christ.  I know I still have so much to learn regarding His teachings and the everlasting way of eternal life, however I know with all of my heart that He was resurrected and came forth out of the tomb in which His body lay to rest.  I know He lives.  This very day, I know He lives.  I know He paid the price for the sins of the world.  For my sins.  For my mistakes.  I hope and pray that I will continually find myself on my knees in thanks and awe of the gift which He has given me.  That I might someday, somehow through his grace and mercy be worthy to live with Him again.  For this is why…this is why I was born. 

 

“ I am the resurrection and the light.”

christresurrected

2 comments:

Makell said...

Well said girly.

Fiauna said...

What a beautiful testimony. Your heart-felt words gave me chills. Thank you for sharing.