4.16.2009

LANDSCAPE YOUR MIND

Rain?  Snow?  Do you have the dreary Spring Time Woes-

Well, This is what I did today to chase those blues away.

This is my second to last Bulletin Board for the year.  Next year, I passed the torch on.  It has really been fun (along with work) to create these layouts on a monthly basis.  However, after I think 18 or so of them, I am done.  I really got burned out over the winter and didn’t quite have that creative spark that I needed to pump them out the way I wanted.  Last month with Dr. Seuss, I had my imagination sparked just enough to finish out the year.    

This month’s theme is The Art of Landscape Design and Architecture.  I have had a lot of clutter on my mind the past week and when I went today to put this together, It was almost soothing.  Alyssa sat with me, and helped occasionally.  So I mostly lollygagged around at a slow paced speed, cutting and folding away as my mind wandered and enjoyed clearing it’s rain and snow-  By the time I was done, my thoughts were happy and cheerful.  I had successfully found the sun shining in my soul, and I used that rain and snow to nurture my negative thoughts into growing flowers of hope…the hope that I need to surround the rocks that I have been given in my life.  They re too heavy to lift on my own…so I am learning to plant seeds.  If I can weather the storms, I can use the rain for my good.  I can cultivate and revive my soul by planting my flowers of hope.

OK—CHEESEY—But that is REALLY how I feel today.  I just don’t know how to put it into words properly.  I tried to give an analogy here…but may not have been as successful as some of my wonderfully talented neighbors and friends I know.  But you get the point right? 

IMG_6636

OK—so I must confess one more thing about today…I really do LOVE the rain.  Even today- especially yesterday and the day before.  This weather has made me happy.  I find it refreshing.  Maybe it is the timing.  For I know that winter IS gone, and that spring IS here. 

I know this rain will soon be gone and leaving me for want.

2 comments:

Fiauna said...

Rain is good. I like rain. Snow on the other hand ... Winter, your time is over. Say goodbye and step off the stage. Really.

Makell said...

I love that analogy with the rain - that was so well said. I think I may write that one down, in fact!
I thought of you yesterday - I was at Eva's school volunteering and the teacher asked me if I would do a bulletin board for her - Yikes!@ That is my response. It turned out fine, but I thought, "hmmm, I wonder what piece of art Candy could have turned this into"