6.20.2008

WATER LOGGED!

Well, I'm guessing it's was the obvious hike in temperature that caused us to revert to the life of a fish 4 out of the 5 days this week.

SO MUCH SUNSHINE!

054

We went to the pool with a few neighbors on Monday afternoon, The kids played with friends in the water at home on Tuesday, then we went to the pool with Daddy when he got home. Wednesday we went to the pool with Shelby Lou and her crew. That was a blast! Oh, but Thursday, we hadn't had enough...so we trucked down to the...uh...pool again. Then we came home and took A LONG NAP-me and both the kids. AHH!

Then a' last here comes Friday, and Todd still needed to get in on more of the action, so he wanted to pull out the cricket and headed up to the Lake today with our good ol' friends, Mark and Jess and all our kiddlets. Thank you, Thank you Gramps, for allowing us to borrow the cricket to have a day of fun. It was SO nice and relaxing. The kiddos played and played in the sand and water. The kids took turns riding in the tube with their Dada's. I had Mark and Todd teach me how to drive the boat a little bit. (Papa John, plug your ears.)

WARNING... TANGENT, BUT I MUST WRITE-

037

The drive was beautiful as always going up over the loop. So many good memories and good times at the Lake. I hadn't been up there for about 2 years. There is nothing like being up on the Lake at sunset, when it tucks behind those canyon mountains. Todd and I spent many summer nights up there with Scott and the crew of our friends and his. We would Ski to our hearts content and Scott ALWAYS brought the greatest music sets to play. We would lite fires on the beach and all talk for hours. We never left until after dark. I also remember Scott having me come up boating one August day with a girl he really wanted me to meet, named Lesa Lake...and the rest is history there.

While Todd was on his mission, there was a group of about 8 guys and girls that went up to the lake at least 3 times a week for a full summer. No joke. Two of my very dear friends fell in love at the lake that summer and ended up marrying those those boys.

Just a little bit of nostalgia there for a minute. Many, many memories.

ANYWAY, here are some fun pics from today.

044 - Copy057 OWEN.

125114ASHLEY

117ALYSSA WAS SO WORRIED ABOUT DADDY AND TYSON ON THE TUBE. BUT SHE DECIDED TO GIVE IT A TRY. SHE WHIMPERED LIKE A KITTY, BUT REALLY WANTED TO GO IF MARK DROVE SLOW.                                           

 088 (2)080071THESE TWO ARE SOO CUTE!068SHELBY 070091 ASHLEY & MARK

6 comments:

Sue said...

I don't think I've seen Mark since high school...flashbacks! Sounds fun!

Heather said...

Looks like so much fun! Can't wait to go when I get there. . .

Shelby said...

I want to go! Looks soooo fun! Glad you had such a great time!

Lake-Allen said...

This brought back many memories for me. I hope that we can head up to the lake with you guys. Looks fun. L

6Whittiers said...

It looks like so much fun...Mark has a Shelby?????? Funny!!

restlessrisa said...

So... seriously, how do you fade the edges on your photos? I need a lesson! Love the post! :)