-just documenting some more of my feelings-
As we have spent the past week watching and enjoying all the little cousins running around, I didn't realize how long it had been since I was really able to spend some quality time with my own adult cousins.
As my Grandpa is nearing his final hours, I have been able to go visit him and sit for a few hours at his home with some of my cousins, Aunts and Uncles. Just being able to feel the love in his home and the spirit about in the air, is such an amazing and humbling feeling. I am SO blessed to have 9 wonderful female cousins that are only a 6 year span in age. We were all lucky to have grown up within miles of each other. We spent many wonderful holidays and summers together. These are the cousins that I have grown up with and shared my childhood with. I am blessed to have the opportunity to share more quality time with them through the next few weeks. Life's responsibilities pile up high at times and the past few years I have definitely lost sight of the great relationships that we have built through the years.
We need to get all of "Grandpa's Girls" together a little more often. (Maybe a weekend at the 'famous' Homestead, minus the horsie rides)...what da ya say? ;0) It's just nice to be in the presence of those who know where you've been, who you come from, and believe in your potential to accomplish this life's goals.
With that said:
I am also grateful to be going down to visit my Mother's side of the family as well. I have 3 incredible girls on that side of the family who are wonderful cousins to me also. We have wonderful memories of our childhood together with Hart and Jane. I also have great memories of my favorite cousin, Kerianne, who passed away on Christmas Eve when we were 13. I know someday I will be able to see her again.
So, here's to continuing a great summer, filled with opportunities to make more memories to last for even more years to come.
2 comments:
that's so sweet Candy, how fun to have counsins so close in age.
Is it rude of me to ask about your 13 year old cousin? I'm really curious. I knew you then, and I don't remember.
Great post! love the counting of blessings!
I love my cousins too. It is so fun to get together when you can and catch up. There's nothing like family, huh?
Post a Comment