I was able to for once, plan a fun & easy friends party for Alyssa’s Birthday the first week of December- rather than getting around to it in January or in the middle of December, which is always difficult to do. Her Birthday is Dec. 28th. Which has provided a party debacle. I think we’ve finally master the timing of parties during the holidays.
The girls had such a great time! Alyssa was so cute with her invitation. She wanted to help design it and create the colors of the snowflakes. I let her have at it! We made her party a theme of COCOA, CAKES & SKATES. I can’t find my saved online invitation to show a decent photo of it- but I wanted to put it on here for her to remember. She memorized what we wrote and walked around the whole week repeating with excitement the little poem for her guests.
Alyssa’s turning 8,
So it’s time to celebrate
Come join the fun, for a special one
with Cocoa, Cakes & Skates!
I whipped up some boxed cupcakes and piped some white frosting around them in a swirl. It only took an hour. I found a cute skating girl printable on line and added a hat, red trim and a bow to her skates and scarf. With a few snowflakes & a boarder it was good to go. I printed a few out and stuck them in the cupcakes. I love to do those little things if I have time, because it makes such a difference. I grabbed a few things to display on the table for a little wintery scene the girls could enjoy when they walked in. The photo’s were a quick snapshot- with all the commotion.
We opened presents & then hit the little outdoor skating rink. It only cost $2 per girl. Skating & rental included. We took the cupcakes and yes, click the link for *yummy rich homemade (pinterest) hot cocoa (which was SO good, compared to the packet stuff I usually make for the kids) to the Skating Place with us. Again- it was easier to put the ingredients in the crockpot earlier that day and let it sit on low til I was ready to go. I transferred it into a large 2 gallon thermos. This made it one of the least expensive parties.
We picked the skating at dusk and nightfall, because the atmosphere was simply magical! The lights of the the trees glistened. With a backdrop of Santa’s workshop- A huge Christmas tree- fireplaces- music and colored water fountains dancing, these girls whirled and twirled in delight!
The smiles really were delightful- the pink cheeks and noses were soo cute. I wanted to hug them all!
We wish Grammy Anne wouldn’t have been out of town, because she would have love to see the skating girls- since she grew up in Minnesota where skating was a favorite pass time.
No comments:
Post a Comment