3.03.2012

CAT IN THE HAT CUTIE

( just journaling)

Last Friday night I sat on the couch watching TV in our family room for the first time in quite a while.  It seems there’s always something else to do, or something going on.  Todd was out of town all week on business.  It was nice to have him back home.  Tyson was snowboarding with friends.  So we kicked back for a relaxing night. 

Alyssa was excited about Dr. Seuss's birthday.  I told her she could make some cupcakes to celebrate if she wanted.  This was the first time I had her try to put the ingredients together on her own and mix them up as I governed loosely.   I was pleasantly happy to see that when I checked up on her, she had placed her chocolaty utensils onto cupcake wrappers to keep the counter clean…(much better than the boy Tyson).  We mixed fun colored frosting, and asked me to make “tags” for the top of a few cupcakes.

In between the humming of her happiness and playing a few games on Suessville, she decided to surprise Todd and I with her wearing darling Red and White striped hat and red bowtie that she had cleverly made for her to be Cat In The Hat.  She did a cute little dance and jig for us.  Topping it off was the fact that she had gone to her room and painted a cat nose and whiskers onto her face.  SOO CUTE!  We sure love her.  

We finished off the relaxing night when Tyson came home and wanted to snuggle up to get toasty warm.  Alyssa frosted her cupcakes and brought them up to us.  Todd broke out a few Canadian treats from his trip and we called it a good night.   

041044045011024057

No comments: