Alyssa was SO worried about the fact that she was not going to catch a leprechaun this year. She just knew her trap wouldn’t be good enough. She worked so hard on figuring out exactly how to make the door and position the box so that when the little green men showed up, they could get in, but not get out. Tyson winked at me and made a fun house out of paper for the green tikes. Alyssa placed chocolate and cinnamon chips inside of hers to lure them in. Oh, and let’s not forget the attention to detail of furnishings. A lounge chair and toilet. We figured if we could catch them on the POT, then maybe they wouldn’t be able to run away so fast.
Well, St. Patty’s day morning came and went without any greenies being trapped. We went to and participated in a ward service clean up and egg hunt, then came home…to find a wee bit of havoc reaped.
The kiddos couldn’t find their traps- but what thy found instead was the first clue to a treasure hunt for them. At the end of the hunt, they found a rainbow and pot of gold treat. They also found a note saying to go find their traps.
Once they found their traps, they realized they had been duped! The leprechauns didn’t get trapped- but they left another treat- accompanied by a poem and a box of miniature leprechaun donuts the size of cheerios.
I sure had a fun time planning this with the neighborhood leprechaun moms. We made a few cupcakes to go with it for lunch! Lot’s ‘O Fun!
PS. I think the Leprechaun's found some of their ‘recipes’ on pinch-terest. Just say’n. And they asked if I would help them make up the poem below…
HA HA, Skippity do…
Wee little leprechauns have just tricked you!
You thought we’d come in the dark of night,
But we know better—you were not right!
We almost got fooled by your booger glue,
But in the end- we just fooled you!
We’re magic, we’re magic wee little folk…
Try again next year, we’ll see then who’s the joke!
Until then, here’s a treat of magnificent plight
Freshly made Leprechaun donuts,
we hope they’re to your delight!
These pretend donuts are made from
cheerios, sprinkles, & powder sugar!
THEY WE SOOO CUTE!!! Thanks Pinch-terest!
Todd and I laughed and laughed when I stuck the camera inside Alyssa’s trap and came out with this photo….I think it’s self explanatory! AHAHHA!
SKEPTIC!! but still LOVED the donuts…
so yes, I explained I was asked to ‘help’ those little green Booglet’s escape…again!
No comments:
Post a Comment