12.15.2011

WASHINGTON D.C. 2011

I have been waiting for Todd to write about his trip to DC this past summer. I couldn't blog it- because I've never been there and wasn't able to go with. So I am very excited to see that he finally got around to posting doing it.

So...In Todd's words...

Occasionally I have business trips that take me to some cool places within the US. In August I had the opportunity to go back to my old missionary stomping grounds in Washington DC (served in the DC South mission from ‘94-‘96). This became even more special because I was able to arrange for Tyson, McCade (my nephew) and parents to come out with me. McCade flew out with me and spent 2 days in the hotel room while I was in my meetings and then my parents flew Tyson out to meet us for a few days of history and fun.  The trip was made more exciting by the rare earthquake that rattled the east coast and then the hurricane coming in fast. In 2 1/2 days we were able to see the following:

White House, Ford’s Theater, Museums (Natural History, American History, Air and Space, Holocaust), National Archive (Declaration of Independence, Bills of Rights, Constitution), Library of Congress (Gutenberg Bible), US Capitol, Mint, Memorials (MLK, Korean, Lincoln, Vietnam, WWII, Washington), Arlington Cemetery, Tomb of Unknown Soldier, JFK Grave, and Arlington House.

190 (2)_1 (2)_2 (2)_tonemappedIMG_6541

IMG_6455

IMG_6389IMG_6487capitol rotundacapitol sideCapitol Topkorean warlibrary of congress halllibrary of congress pillarsWashington Monument

No comments: