8.22.2011

FIRST & FIFTH

AYE, AYE, AYE!  How did we get here?  The kids started the new school year today.  This year is different!  Alyssa has finally made it to first grade!  Wow, what a milestone.  Tyson finally decided to pull out the stops with his clothes and ban all clothing wear with exception to T-shirts, Shorts and Sports items.  NO collars, NO buttons, NO stripes.  I am also officially not allowed to touch his hair or pick out skivies from his drawer any longer.  Fifth grade huh.  I guess that makes perfect sense as he also tries not to smile when Todd and I mention Selena Gomez or watch a show when people kiss.  :0)

Alyssa the little stink pot doesn’t want me to touch her hair either.  Well, I’ve decided she just doesn’t have a choice in that matter yet.  Actually she does.  Either, I do it…or she will be punished!!  How ‘bout that for allowing her to make her own decisions.  :0)  She’s actually a sweetheart who loves to wear all things girlie including jewelry and painted nails, which makes the hair thing all the more frustrating.  She continues to remind me that Grammy Anne was able to curl it in only 3 curls, while it takes me “way too long”.  She’s very excited to start building closer friendships and play on the monkey bars.

I’m excited to breathe!  I haven’t had a chance to update my blog for a while, or finish going through my Israel pictures.  So that makes me happy to now have some time to do that.  I have such a long list of things I’d like to accomplish.  I don’t even know where to start.  Guess I better get my bucket list written out.

I just can’t believe that my babies are both in school full time.  As Mamas we never think the day will actually arrive.  I’m ready for this next chapter in my life, but I always thought I’d have at least one or two more kiddlets in the mix.  These two keep me on my toes and movin’ all the time though, which makes for much love and happiness.  I’m so grateful for them…with disclaimer to the times of bugging and picking and poking at one another.  Other than that, yep…so grateful!!       

518-1

1 comment:

LL said...

Our kids are so much alike.
My boys had that rule of no collars or buttons (unless it's picture day) As they get older, they phase out. But it's cute!
And our girls are the same age...I wish they could be friends. They seem so much alike.
Happy back to school for mom and kids! :)