I’ve been looking forward to Summer for the past few weeks. The kids are at great ages and ready to relax and enjoy the hopefully fantastic summer weather after a long rainy spring. (which I actually love, but think I’m the only one)
Last year I planned a summer basket for them with odds and ends to kick off the season. I did somewhat the same thing this time. I got them each some swim gear. I found cute and CHEAP suits, shorts and flip flops that came to apx. $10 total for each kids. Not too bad!
We are focusing on good habits and keeping fit mentally and physically this summer- so I got them each some good books to read, and a cool work book that has a page of lessons, then physical exercises to do before going on to the next page.
The kids also were surprised with an awesome snow cone maker. They saw it at the store last month, and were thrilled to see it make it’s way to our home for the summer. It works like a charm. It takes less than 3 minutes to have perfect snow cones, and uses ice cubes straight from the freezer. Easy! They love the juice, and I crave the ice just plain. Yum.
So, Needless to say we are all geared up for a a nice couple of months…
NOW, to figure out how to keep my sanity through the other part of summer. Sigh, I must.pray.for.patience. “please, give.me.patience…give me patience when the kids don’t want to co-operate, or do chores, or go to bed on time.
1 comment:
Looks like you guys are ready! I need a snowcone maker for the hot days coming. We are still trying to find our groove.
Post a Comment