11.10.2010

CAPACITY

Today I gained a strong and

clarifying testimony of the

meaning of capacity.  I am so

thankful that the Lord is mindful

and always there.  I also am

thankful to know that I am

entrusted as a daughter of God

to use my knowledge and

intellect to discern to the

difference between my potential

capability and current capacity. 

The valuable lesson that’s hard

to learn is that the two words

that are willing and able

are joined at the hip.

Ca·pac·i·ty (k-ps-t)

1.

a. The ability to receive, hold, or

absorb.

b. Abbr. c. A measure of this

ability; volume.

2. The maximum amount that

can be contained: a trunk filled

to capacity.

3.

a. Ability to perform or produce;

capability.

b. The maximum or optimum

amount that can be produced:

factories operating below

capacity.

4. The power to learn or retain

knowledge; mental ability.

5. Innate potential for growth,

development, or

accomplishment; faculty. See

Synonyms at ability.

6. The quality of being suitable

for or receptive to specified

treatment: the capacity of elastic

to be stretched.

No comments: