10.14.2010

FRIGHTS & DELIGHTS 1 & 2

October has been frightfully delightful this year!  I’ve met with a few friends the past 2 weeks to create creepy cupcakes and horror d oeuvres for our families on Mondays.  Not only has this given me fun time with my friends, but also my kids have LOVED it.  Tyson came home from school the other day and immediately picked out the fondant cakes he wanted.  Our family ended up having a draft pick for the cupcakes- they were hot ticket designs!

There are 4 of us- so it’s been easy to rotate, letting others be in charge of different weeks.  We end up each being in charge of 1 horror d oeuvre and 1 cupcake scheme.

One of my friends has tied her dinners in with our treats.  The first week she made Lasagna and Tomb Stone Bread Stix to go on top.  The next week she made Hot Dog Mummies wrapped in dough.

We have 2 more weeks of Frights and Delights.  Something to look forward to!

WEEK 1

CREEPY CAKES-

Pretzel Skeletons & Fudge cookie Witches Hats

HORROR D OEUVRES-

Crescent Roll Owls

WEEK 2

CREEPY CAKES-

Fondant fun.  All sorts of ghool ideas!        

HORROR D OEUVRES-

Peanut Butter Spider Crackers & Spookie Face Soda.

787800798 803031030038 045 047 049 050

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay, first, super cool fun halloween projects! Second, awesome job on the cupcakes. And third, the whole time I've been on your blog Keaton has been dancing to your music playing ;)

Lake-Allen said...

You are so creative. I see a cookbook in your future!

Candy McCall said...

I wish these were all my ideas. I owe the creativity to magazines and great friends!

Heather said...

Those are so darling. I love them!

Heather said...

Those are so cute. I love them. How FUN! Thanks for sharing.

LL said...

DANG! I clearly do not share your energy level. You rock!!!

Candy McCall said...

LL-- the key is out of the 4 weeks-- I only have to come up with one dessert and one hor deouvre! Then I sit and chit chat with my friends for an hour... good stuff.