4.05.2010

FOOD FOR THOUGHT

April Fools Day was filled with fun.  Family Fun that is!  These recipes were on the magazine’s website.  A few friends and I decided to treat our kids to a dinner full of surprise.  Fish Stix and Peas.  Tyson said “ I hate peas!  Why do you ALWAYS have to ruin dinner with the things I hate.”  He soon got over it as he picked up a fish stick to eat.  Alyssa about DIED that she had to eat PEAS.  Heaven forbid.  They did enjoy their real fish stix though, along with the fake ones and fake peas.  The “Strawberry Cream Pie” was Meatloaf and Mash potatoes.  They loved it. 

IMG_4303 IMG_4306IMG_4314IMG_4310

2 comments:

Fiauna said...

Wow. Good for you, girl. I looked at these ideas and decided it was too much to try. I tried to pass off angel food cake as toast. It barely worked.

Makell said...

So my favorite picture in this post is Alyssa's face at the table and my favorite line was Tyson asking why you always have to ruin dinner. Ha ha! That is classic. Great idea on the meatloaf pie :)