1.17.2008

A DREAM IS A WISH YOUR HEART MAKES...

25 years ago, My Grandparents and Cousins, Aunts and Uncles, My Dad, older brother and I were all given the opportunity to go to Florida to stay at the Miami Fountain Blue Hilton Hotel for a Confectioner's Convention, with all the Candy and Chocolates a kids could want. There were even Firework displays over the ocean at night, and of course we also got to go to Disney World. I remember only bits and pieces of that fun trip, I was 7. It was the year before they opened the Epcot center. But I still remember the magic that it brought. Being so far away, and knowing of the special opportunity it was for us. I remember seeing the construction of the big sphere for the entrance to the park.
I am so excited that I finally have the opportunity to go back with my 7 year old and the whole Allen family to Disney World and on a Disney Cruise.
Todd's oldest Brother Scott (37yr.) passed away last year at Christmas time. Needless to say, it has been a very difficult year for the family. Through struggles and tears, we have found ways to remember why we are down here on earth and that we need to keep an eternal persective on this short lifetime of ours on this earth.
My father in law finally needed a good excuse to spend some of his hard earned money, and realized that this would be well worth the bill. -Scott, this is for you!
My children are soo excited. We fly out tomorrow and hopefully will catch our connecting flight in Denver, with only 20 minutes to spare fo a late flight. ( I am worried) Todd is so easy going that he just thinks, well if we miss it, we miss it. Even though he knows that the flights are full for the next 2 days from Denver...oh no big deal...to a guy who only needs a toothbrush and a jacket for a pillow on the airport floor. Ok, maybe an Ipod too.
BUT WHAT ABOUT MOM, AND TWO LITTLE KIDS...
Mother's always worry. Extra clothes, snacks, books, music, sippy cups, medicine, underwear, etc. So with that said, I really need to get my mind cleared and head off to bed for a good nights sleep. we have a big day tomorrow... a big 10 days!
...Oh and did I mention Todd is at his weekly soccer game, yeah 10:45pm. That's not late! I can come home and sleep and go to work the next morning, and still have all the energy and vibrancy of a 10 year old. He kills me.
I am soo lucky to have him, he is always up beat and ready for anything. He let's me do the worrying for both of us. Then I just ask him for back rubs.
Love you Todd, we are going to have a blast!
Tower of Terror...Thunder Mountain...Princesses and Pirates...here we come.

2 comments:

Shelby said...

I hope you have a ball! I know you will!

Makell said...

It's so much work to get out the door, but when you finally do, it is all worth it. I hope you have a great time....what an awesome trip!!! We've thought about a planning a Disney cruise - let me know what you think about them and how it all went. Can't wait to hear about it!