3.15.2011

SEATBELTS

Still on her mission of teaching about importance, Alyssa says to me as we start down the street while I finish a phone call with Todd-

“Mom, put your seatbelt on.  MOM.  Put your seatbelt on.  MOM…you don’t have your seatbelt on.”

“Just a second Alyssa, I need to finish talking to Dad.” I say

After 3 or 4 blocks I finish my call.  Alyssa then proceeds…

“Mom.  What’s more important, Dying…or talking to your husband?”

Boy, how I wish in every situation in my life I was able to see what the MOST IMPORTANT decisions are.  Even the littlest of ones, or slight procrastination of right ones, can ultimately become LIFE CHANGING.

2 comments:

LL said...

kids are the BEST!!!

Makell said...

How did you answer her? Ha! That's awesome. Get that girl a vest and a clipboard for her safety patrol shift and put on your seatbelt!