12.13.2009

SWEDEN

On Dec.  13th St. Lucia traditionally wears a wreath of boughs on her head lit with 7 candles.  The oldest daughter in a Swedish family dresses the part and wakes the members of her family that morning by bringing them cinnamon buns on a beautiful tray.  Tonight we had Alyssa bring our FHE treat dressed with her wreath and red sash.  She was so sweet.  We had a neighbors party tonight with too many treats already- so hence the fruit.  It was refreshing! 

 

IMG_2255

IMG_2260IMG_2284IMG_2279

3 comments:

LL said...

ADORABLE! what great traditions.

Makell said...

She's the cutest little Swiss Miss!

Those little peppermint sticks wouldn't be the soft ones from King leo would they? I LOOOVEE those. Love em. Hope your holidays are going well!

rochelle said...

Candy, I've been reading through your last few blog entries and am dying at how cute you are with your family! I love the values you are instilling within your family. They are certainly blessed to have you as their mother. Also, what a fun idea to study Christmas traditions from around the world! I'll have to remember that for next year. Thanks for your wonderful example!